Do you ever bake just to have the aroma fill your whole home with loving fragrance, to say nothing about letting your taste buds enjoy complete satisfaction when finished baking?
We featured pumpkins for autumn decorating in our last Sweet Conclusions post, Share a SMILE. Today, we share a recipe for pumpkin pie with an alternative for sweet potato pie.
Here is a photo of Gavin with our homemade, sweet potato pie. Gavin prefers sweet potato over pumpkin.Try both recipes. You decide your favorite and let us know.
Nothing says lovin’ like something from the Sweet Conclusions oven!
RECIPE FOR PUMPKIN OR SWEET POTATO PIE
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin OR 1 can (15 oz.) sweet potato (draining the juice from the sweet potatoes)
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) evaporated milk
- 1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell
- Whipped cream
MIX sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Mix in pumpkin OR drained sweet potato and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
Here Gavin pours into pie shell.
- BAKE in preheated 425° F oven for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350° F; bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream before serving. ENJOY!
- Until next time and more time out with Gavin and Rosie at Sweet Conclusions. Remember to let us know your favorite! Will it be pumpkin or sweet potato? Perhaps a slice of both will make your smile brighter! 🙂